Sunday, March 15, 2009

Carissa is 14 now.



Perry is working out of town...all the way over in Phoenix. His annual meetings fall on Carissa's birthday. So I'm left holding down the fort with 12 bee-boppin girls at her birthday party. Carissa invited all 18 beehives and miamaids in our ward. Thankfully they didn't all show up because our house isn't big enough to acommodate 18 dancing hiphoppers. Zack was on a scout campout so the girls were left home to do the partying. We had fun. We started at the park near our house. We ate pizza and then the girls played hide 'n' seek, 007, and kick the can. Back at the house we had more snacks, cranked up the music, and they danced the night away. I learned all about the Cha Cha Slide and can't get "1985" out of my head. The funny thing is I'm probably the only one at the party that knew all the names in the song. I think everyone had a good time and we didn't get any complaints from the neighbors about noise. I'd say it was a success. We have Spring Break this week, so the fun has just begun.

I tried uploading a video of the girls doing the Cha Cha Slide. After checking on all the kids, starting the dishwasher, and doing all of the bedtime routine it still wasn't through uploading, so you're spared. I canceled the upload. Maybe after I edit it down to about 30 seconds I'll try again...or maybe not.

1 comment:

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Happy Birthday Carissa!