On Friday the 13th, Danyka and Zack came home from school toting the Valentine's and booty from their respective class parties. Danyka opened her Valentine's cards and read each one carefully. She laid each one out on the kitchen table where she could admire them all as she enjoyed the candy that came with them. The Valentine's remained on the table until I insisted it was time to clean up.
On the other hand, Zack ran into his room with his bag of Valentine's, dumped them on the floor, picked out all the candy, and proceeded to throw all of the cards into his trash can.
The next day Danyka happened to notice Zack's trash can. In amazement she cried out, "Zack threw away all of his Valentine's cards." I seized the moment to teach a valuable lesson to my daughter about the difference between the things boys value and the things girls value, adding that she needs to remember Zack's trash can full of Valentine's in the future when she's writing Valentine's cards. That's a big pill to swallow at the tender age of nine. Hopefully it will steer her clear of a few heartaches in years to come.
A little side note: I did find one special Valentine in Zack's room that he didn't throw away.
2 comments:
Ah... good lesson. What a great way to seize the moment!
Love your stories! They make us laugh. What good lessons. I'm glad Zach kept at least one;)
Post a Comment