
Life throws me fast balls.
My kids throw me curve balls.

I'm playing dodge ball.
The week before last Carissa came home from school one day and asked me if I would homeschool her. After evaluating her reasons for making such a request, and also after much thought, prayer, and discussion with her and Perry, I have decided to homeschool Carissa. Last week was spent scouring the internet for curriculum and educational activities and websites to enhance and enliven the academic experience. Homeschooling Brooke was a positive experience for her, I think. At least educationally she was way ahead when she re-entered the public school system. Get feedback from her to get her slant on its affect on her. It's been almost ten years since I homeschooled Brooke. The available curriculum is pretty much unchanged since then, but there is so much more out there through the internet now. The challenge is weeding through it all and not letting the tares overcome the wheat so to speak.
Friday I withdrew Carissa from school and tomorrow we embark on a new journey together. At the moment I'm not sure if I've been plastered with a dodge ball or if I'm helping Carissa prepare to play better dodge ball in the future. Hopefully I can move her in the direction of throwing fewer curve balls.
No comments:
Post a Comment