About a week before Evie was born Brooke called to tell me she was having contractions. I advised her to go to the hospital so they could tell her if she was dilating and if the contractions were progressing toward giving birth. When I hung up the phone I thought, "This is really easy." Then I reflected back to when Brooke was born, and the other children as well. I still remember quite vividly holding each one in my arms for the first time, and feeling the communion with this spirit fresh from Heavenly Father's presence. I compare it to Lehi's dream when he partook of the fruit of the tree and he described it as "sweet, above all that I ever before tasted" and "that it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy." Holding a brand new baby for the first time is an experience most sweet, above all experiences I have had so far in this mortal life and it truly did fill my soul with great joy. As I contemplated that Brooke was about to have this same experience and also Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Reflections on Motherhood and Beyond
About a week before Evie was born Brooke called to tell me she was having contractions. I advised her to go to the hospital so they could tell her if she was dilating and if the contractions were progressing toward giving birth. When I hung up the phone I thought, "This is really easy." Then I reflected back to when Brooke was born, and the other children as well. I still remember quite vividly holding each one in my arms for the first time, and feeling the communion with this spirit fresh from Heavenly Father's presence. I compare it to Lehi's dream when he partook of the fruit of the tree and he described it as "sweet, above all that I ever before tasted" and "that it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy." Holding a brand new baby for the first time is an experience most sweet, above all experiences I have had so far in this mortal life and it truly did fill my soul with great joy. As I contemplated that Brooke was about to have this same experience and also
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She looks so cute! Congrats! We are so excited for Brooke, she'll be a great Mom! Oh, and I hear being a grandma has it perks as well! Enjoy!
Hey Angela and Perry! Long time no see! Glad to see you guys are doing well.
You've got to be kidding me, Brookie just had a baby?? That officially makes me an old man, no doubt!
Post a Comment